Thursday, March 22, 2012

What is the Nature of the love of God?


Lent 2012           A Clean Heart, Create in Me         C.S. Lewis
Wednesday, March 22                                              John 5:39-42

“If I were sure that I loved God, what would I do?”  I read that as: “If I were sure of God’s unearned love for me what couldn’t I do?”  I do not have control over God’s love but I do have control over my feelings.  People say you can’t choose who you love.  I say we choose how we love.  I think we can’t be sure of our love for God until we are sure we are loved by God.   How are we sure of the love of God?  How are we sure that we love God?  The answers lie amongst our actions.  Love is an active not a passive word.  Feelings can be fleeting and changeable as the wind but LOVE is bigger than just an emotion.  LOVE after all conquers death

No comments: