Saturday, March 10, 2012

I can see clearly now...


Lent 2012 A Clean Heart Create in Me     C.S. Lewis

Saturday, March 10, 2012                          Micah 7:18

WOW!  “Real forgiveness means looking steadily at the sin, the sin that is left over without any excuse, after all allowances have been made, seeing it in all its horror, dirt, meanness, and malice, and nevertheless being wholly reconciled to the person who has done it.”  How amazing is our God?  One would think that this type of clemency would lead to a weak God, one that is continually taken advantage of, a silly God.  We are assured of God’s forgiveness; therefore we can go out and be as hideous as we want.  Yet, who has endured a steady look from God and not been deeply changed.  As a mom, I have a look that can see through most lies and discover what lies beyond, in my children’s lives.  This doesn’t prevent them from making mistakes but they have a deep sense that they will be held accountable for their choices.  Yet, God sees more clearly and understands more fully and still forgives completely, utterly.  God doesn’t always relieve the consequences of our behavior but continually offers us, a right relationship.  We are called to simply accept it and follow a God who loves us, anyway.  After all, God showed us to what extent God would go to forgive.

I’m forgiven because You were forsaken,
I’m accepted, You were condemned.
I am alive and well, Your spirit is within me,
Because You died and rose again.
Amazing Love, how can it be?
That you my king, should die for me? 
Amazing Love, I know it’s true.
And it’s my joy to honor you. 
In all I do I honor you.” 
Amazing Love by the Newsboys

No comments: